Each of the following trivia questions alludes to a strip in which
one of the characters crumpled up and discarded something they had
written. We should feel privileged to have glimpsed these private,
1. Who calculated his earned-run average and obtained ``a figure much too
embarrassing to mention''?
2. Snoopy once began a novel with the word ``The.'' Linus wasn't sure about
this; what beginning did he prefer?
3. Who hates writing thank-you notes for toys he's already broken?
4. To whom did Charlie Brown write a ``great letter'' that ``never got
sent'' and that began, ``Evening is coming on. I wish it were snowing huge
white flakes, and you and I were walking along holding hands and...''
5. Who started writing an essay entitled ``If I Had a Pony'' by writing,
``If I had a pony, I'd saddle up and ride so far from this school it
would make your head swim'' and then thought better of it?
6. What failed novel did Snoopy try beginning with the sentence, ``It was a
dark and stormy marriage'' and in which the hero said, ``I know what I'll
do, I'll buy her a beagle!''?
7. What conclusion did Snoopy draw after discarding ``A Thanksgiving
Story'' that began, ` ``You turkey!'' she cried. ``Who's a turkey?''
``You, you turkey!'' '?
8. To whom did Snoopy begin a letter ``Dear Ugly'' in order to invite him
to compete in an ugly-dog contest?
9. Whose crushing logic induced Charlie Brown to abandon a letter that he
had begun, ``Dear Pen Pal, Did you get my last letter?''?