1. Who calculated his earned-run average and obtained ``a figure much too
embarrassing to mention''?
[Charlie Brown] (You're So Smart, Snoopy)
2. Snoopy once began a novel with the word ``The.'' Linus wasn't sure about
this; what beginning did he prefer?
[``It''] (You've Got To Be You, Snoopy)
3. Who hates writing thank-you notes for toys he's already broken?
[Linus] (You're a Brave Man, Charlie Brown)
4. To whom did Charlie Brown write a ``great letter'' that ``never got
sent'' and that began, ``Evening is coming on. I wish it were snowing huge
white flakes, and you and I were walking along holding hands and...''
[The little red-haired girl] (You've Got To Be You, Snoopy)
5. Who started writing an essay entitled ``If I Had a Pony'' by writing,
``If I had a pony, I'd saddle up and ride so far from this school it
would make your head swim'' and then thought better of it?
[Sally] (You've Got To Be You, Snoopy)
6. What failed novel did Snoopy try beginning with the sentence, ``It was a
dark and stormy marriage'' and in which the hero said, ``I know what I'll
do, I'll buy her a beagle!''?
[Gone With the Wind III] (Could You Be More Pacific?)
7. What conclusion did Snoopy draw after discarding ``A Thanksgiving
Story'' that began, ` ``You turkey!'' she cried. ``Who's a turkey?''
``You, you turkey!'' '?
[``Thanksgiving stories are hard to write.''] (Could You Be More Pacific?)
8. To whom did Snoopy begin a letter ``Dear Ugly'' in order to invite him
to compete in an ugly-dog contest?
[His brother Olaf] (Being a Dog is a Full-Time Job)
9. Whose crushing logic induced Charlie Brown to abandon a letter that he
had begun, ``Dear Pen Pal, Did you get my last letter?''?