1. Who suggested splitting up the task of a reading assignment by having
Franklin read ``War,'' Marcie read ``Peace,'' and herself read ``and''?
2. What book did Charlie Brown repeatedly put off reading, finally finishing
his report at three o'clock in the morning the night before it was due?
3. Snoopy has come up with some curious titles for his stories.
b. This is the story of a free-spirited dog.
c. In this story, someone is put in suspended animation and doesn't
wake up until the year 2429.
[Buck Beagle in the 25th Century]
d. These opening words of Paul Clifford by Edward Bulwer-Lytton,
Baron Lytton are now better known to Peanuts fans as the title of
Snoopy's magnum opus.
[It was a dark and stormy night]
e. At Lucy's suggestion, Snoopy took a famous fairy tale, changed
it slightly, and came up with this title.
[Snow White and the Seven Beagles]
4. What book did Rerun, tired of Dick and Jane, suggest that his
kindergarten teacher read from?
5a. Sally tried to write a report on this book (which she thought was
written by ``Laurel N. Hardy'' instead of Thomas Hardy) after reading
only the first word.
[Tess of the D'Urbervilles]
5b. Sally decided that she could fake a report on this book knowing only
that ``it's about pirates.''
6. Peppermint Patty was unimpressed that Marcie had read this book, because
it was so short - until Marcie mentioned that she had read it in French.
[The Little Prince]
7a. What book did Linus suggest hitting Lucy's ganglion with to cure it?
7b. What book did he end up using by mistake?
[A Tale of Two Cities]
8. Linus once wrote a book report saying that he couldn't understand the
emotions involved because he wasn't married. What book was it?